Friday, June 17, 2011

Movin' on

Today marked the beginning of the end of my time in Nashville, Tennessee.

When I first came to Nashville, it was in the first week of August in 2004.  Since then, I found a niche at Climb Nashville, the then up and coming local climbing gym setting routes for a free membership.  A year later, I was working as a full time manager.  Six years from that and literally hundreds of climbing trips later, I am parting ways with the southeast for the rest of the year in about two weeks for an opportunity to hang up my weekend warrior mentality and subscribe to an interpretive road trip along the coolest weather available with my amazingly awesome girlfriend, Amanda and our turbo diesel cargo van.  Stopping by as many natural areas and random spots along the way, some I've seen before, many I have not.  One of such mystery status is our first stop along the way in the small town of Tensleep, Wyoming.  Where we will meet up with our Peruvian Professor friend and his lovely lady friend for what certainly will be a strangely terrific time on perfect limestone bluffs.

Alas, I am getting ahead of myself.  We still have much work to do in these last two weeks before we have to be out of the apartment, like finish all the work on the van, wrap up a climbing wall construction project for a friend and his three ninja daughters, four or five pieces of original comic book artwork for the best personal trainers in Nashville, Matt Royka's InnerStrength, as well as figure out what the heck to do with my car!

An exciting time indeed, I hope to use this space to leave documentation of our travels along the way for family and friends to check up on us and make sure we are properly maintaing our existence on the open road!